November 8, 2008

PWND

I recently finished the worst month of my online poker…I lost far and away more than my previous worst month.  The stars aligned and nothing went right…I played mediocre at best, ran terribly, overplayed hands, did not table select well enough, played too many tables, played sesh’s that ran too long - and about 2/3 way through the month I completely lost all confidence in my ability to win/play/succeed at NLHE.  I found myself playing catch up towards the end of the month…chasing my losses in an attempt to not have a losing month.  Needless to say, it was a bad idea…lol. 

While I did get beat up this month…all was not lost.  Bruechips taught me a few things about river play…which saved my roll from completely disappearing, lol.  The lesson being, J high is the nuts. 

Dealt to brackchips [Th Jh] - MP
brackchips raises to 16
CO calls
*** FLOP *** [7h Ac 8c]
brackchips bets $28
CO calls $28
*** TURN *** [7h Ac 8c] [8h]
brackchips checks
CO checks
*** RIVER *** [7h Ac 8c 8h] [2c]
brackchips checks
CO bets $44
brackchips calls $44
*** SHOW DOWN ***
CO shows [6s 5s] a pair of Eights
brackchips shows [Th Jh] a pair of Eights
brackchips wins the pot ($179) with a pair of Eights
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $182 | Rake $3
Board: [7h Ac 8c 8h 2c]
Seat 3: brackchips showed [Th Jh] and won ($179) with a pair of Eights
Seat 4: CO showed [6s 5s] and lost with a pair of Eights

Next time, pray your draws rike a man and you won't get soul owned.  

Despite the carnage done to my bankroll...I’m determined to rebound.  This is a game that can be beat…and I’ve done so on a consistent basis for some time.  While my game my have a bit more variance than most, I need to remember that one crappy month does not mean I am a losing player.  

Here’s to PWNING November.  

No comments: