December 8, 2009

Tales from Undergrads, Part 3

Readers,


Sorry I have been posting Brackchips-style over the past month or so. The holidays had me traveling a bunch, and I've been busy with school without much time for poker or blogging. I will put up a big post later, but I just have to share with you this email exchange I had with an undergrad, which I am reporting here verbatim except for where I turned some stuff into *** to protect privacy.

Email 1:

From: hempinaintez@******.***
To: bruechips
Time: Saturday, 2 pm

David,

I noticed that the practice finals say a two sided cheat sheet is allowed. Are we allowed to bring a cheat sheet to the final?

Chris *****


(Sunday afternoon, I forward this to the professor to ask, he says yes, then I write back to the student:)

Email 2:

From: bruechips
To: hempinaintez@******.***
Time: Sunday, 6 pm

Yes, cheat sheets are allowed.


Email 3:

From: hempinaintez@********.***
To: bruechips
Time: Monday, 7 am

Wow, if I could I would give u the shittiest TA evaluation, u rele dropped the ball. I moved all day sunday, that's y I emailed u friday....... Thanks for nothing, I thought u were supposed to be helpfull .


Email 4:

From: bruechips
To: hempinaintez@*****.***
Time: Monday, 8:30 am

The time stamp on your email is from Saturday. Maybe on Friday you were hempin'? I hear that's not easy.


Email 5:

From: hempinaintez@******.***
To: bruechips
Time: Monday, 9 pm

Are we reading the same email? U sent it to him on sunday to ask I can see that email, and then u try to lie! Don't sit here and make me look stupid.


Email 6:

From: bruechips
To: hempinaintez@********.***
Time: Monday, 10 pm

Chris,

By "your email," I meant the first email you sent to me, which I received on Saturday, not Friday as your second email claimed. I then emailed you back on Sunday, about 28 hours later. If you feel this constitutes dereliction of my duties as a TA, you are free to complain to Professor ****** or to the Vice Chair of Undergraduate Studies. I'd advise you to spell out the second person singular pronoun and use a different email if you want your complaint to be taken seriously.

David

-BRUECHIPS

4 comments:

Pandynewton said...

unbereaveable.

Unknown said...

Professionalism FTW!

Memphis MOJO said...

Just amazing. Would be funnier if not so tragic.

Memphis MOJO said...

Happy holidays to brue and blackchips. Best wishes in the coming year!