September 1, 2010

Rush Poker + JJ FAILLLLL

Well as I'm sure you know by now...I've been on a massive blog hiatus the past few months. I'm sure you ALL missed me. And by all, I mean nobody, ROR!

I've pretty much officially transitioned over to RUSH poker - its ridiculously addicting and while you can't game select and pick and choose seats, the ease at which you can fire up/close games is amazing. The games are by no means easy, but after a few good months at 1/2, I felt confident enough to return to my old stomping grounds at 2/4 when they opened up RUSH at that limit earlier this month.

The caliber of players sitting at these games is a true testament of how popular RUSH has become. You've got guys who are regulars 5/10+ coming down to swim in the RUSH waters! Below is a hand vs David "Raptor" Benefield. I got stacked...but I just think it's hilarious that this guy has played as high as 500/1000, RORRR! And apparently he's a winner there, according to PTR, he's up 333k in 679 hands, ROR!

Full Tilt Poker $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $402.70
UTG: $466.80
UTG+1: $560.60
UTG+2: $866.20
MP1: $400.00
David Benefield: $414.00
CO: $584.00
BTN: $534.70
SB: $403.00

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BB with Jd Jh
4 folds, David Benefield raises to $10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $34, David Benefield raises to $88, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to $402.70 all in, David Benefield calls $314.70

Flop: ($807.40) 8d Kh As

Turn: ($807.40) 3h

River: ($807.40) Qs

Final Pot: $807.40
Hero shows Jd Jh (a pair of Jacks)
David Benefield shows Ah Ks (two pair, Aces and Kings)
David Benefield wins $804.40
(Rake: $3.00)

JJ FAILLL!!!

-Brackchips

4 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Is calling all in with AK a shitty move or was he right to do it in a cash game? Was he just fucking around at lower levels? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Poker Meister said...

Welcome back! It's been a long time since I've seen action from this blog.

Crappy coin flip for stacks. It's interesting that the lower levels (50NL / 100NL) would flat AK or flat JJ at some point, rather than get AIPF. Given this line, I'm assuming it's typical that there's a lot of AK stacking off to AA or KK?

spritpot said...

WOW guys - lotta QUICK INSTA comments, thanks!

Sir - At levels as low as 1/2 I'm sure he's snapping that with AQ as well...so AK is a fist pump get it in please ship me the money now type hand, ROR! As far as what he's doing down at 2/4 - there really aren't that many mid-high stakes NLHE games running, he prolly just wanted to get some hands in. I just took a look at the FT lobby and there is ONE non shallow game NLHE above 5/10 running. ONE.

Meister - it's only a crappy coinfrip if you rose it :) As far as AK stacking off to AA and KK, def happens a fair amount of it but not as often as you might expect simply bc of card removal. If you do run into KK with your AK...gotta figure out a way to bink the A :)

-BRACKCHIPS

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm sure you ALL missed me. And by all, I mean nobody, ROR!

Wrong again.