March 13, 2008

Brack is Beautiful (Part 3)

In this hand I managed to get the power of spades working in my favor, even against other spades. I think spades like the player that raises more. Or maybe the player that's in position, I can't figure out which.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: $101.40
CO: $102.85
BTN: $97
SB: $39.90
Hero (BB): $101.50
UTG: $121.65
UTG+1: $111.65
MP1: $89.20

Pre-Flop: dealt to Hero (BB)
6 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3 (Virrain rimp-carrs brind vs. brind. I'm auto-assuming he's a donk.)

Flop: ($8) (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6 (Gorden frop. Pair and frush draw, I'm going arr the way with this one.)

Turn: ($20) (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $16, SB raises to $29.90 and is All-In, Hero calls $13.90 (Not a great turn card, but I'm not sure why he'd check-call a nine on the frop and then check it again on the turn. I bet to try and fold out a better eight, maybe a better frush draw or straight draw. Easy call getting approximatery 74-to-1.)

River: ($79.80) (2 Players - 1 is All-In)


Results: $79.80 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed (a pair of Nines) and LOST (-$39.90 NET)
Hero showed (two pair, Nines and Eights) and WON $76.80 (+$36.90 NET)

Ship it! Nines and eights are GOLD!!! My spade brockers were definitery key to this hand. As a side note, I rearry hate how he prayed this hand. Pretty much at every point. Limping into an unopened pot from the smarr brind with JTs is terrible. Check-carring that frop is terrible. Check-raising that turn is terrible. Given he rimp-carred pre-frop, I'd check-raise that turn. He's got a massive draw, I'm c-betting and fording a very wide range, incruding many hands that beat him. Once the turn pairs the nine, his showdown equity is much lower (because he could be drawing dead, and he only has one more draw to make a hand), but his fold equity is larger, because that 9 could scare me. So he should probably just open shove this turn, given his stack size. Instead he check-raises when pot odds are too good for me to fold anything. Really, check-calling is almost better at that point, since J-high is never good on the river and I'm pretty much never folding to his check-raise. Check-raising is pretty much the nut low because it minimizes his fold equity, while guaranteeing he gets all his money in when he can't have the best hand.

Many prayers don't understand that a rot of the varue of having a huge draw is that you can pray them aggressivery and get fords out of better hands, because even against rearry strong hands you have a rot of showdown equity. But never forget that while you're never a huge dog, you're also never a huge favorite - you've got jack-high!! This guy played it as if he had threes furr or something. Which arrowed me to take it down with as junky a two pair as they come.

BRUECHIPS

No comments: