May 15, 2009

Yer Gonna Rove My Nuts! (Part 4)

First off lemme send a shout out to pokerlistings.com for putting together tomorrow's Run Good Challenge on PokerStars. I'll definitely be out on the felt gunning for that WSOP seat. I had some success in my last blogger freeroll on Stars, so hopefully I can follow up. I'm also looking to spend that Step 6 ticket I won on a WSOP ME satellite at some point. Feel free to drop any advice on how to find the best one.


It was a close call whether to make this an 'Art of the Min Raise' or a 'Yer Gonna Rove My Nuts'...but since we're still building up 'Yer Gonna Rove My Nuts', I decided to go with that one, despite this hand featuring a pre-frop min-3b:

UTG: $12.75
UTG+1: $33.95
MP: $10.00
CO: $19.00
Hero (BTN): $50.00
SB: $70.30
BB: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 4d 4c
3 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB raises to $2.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1 (Don't remember anything about the CO, but I'd raise here pretty often, but in situation where you've got donks in the brinds, often it's better just to keep them in the hand and hope they do something stupid (such as what you're about to see). Then the donk makes it a dollar more and obviously I'm calling.)

Flop: ($7.00) 4s Jh Qc (2 players) (Bingo!!! Gotta take this donk to my favorite town of all towns: VARUETOWN!! I raise an amount that I'm pretty sure he'll call and will build the pot so that I can almost certainly stack him by the river.)
SB bets $3, Hero raises to $9.50, SB calls $6.50

Turn: ($26.00) 8c (2 players)
SB bets $58.30 all in, Hero calls $38 all in (Open ship on the 8c turn...obviously calling...I'm thinking he might have AcKc/AcJc/AcTc, something like that...might be some outs to dodge)

River: ($102.00) 4h (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $102.00
Hero shows 4d 4c (four of a kind, Fours)
SB shows Tc Jd (two pair, Jacks and Fours)
Hero wins $99.00

OK, only had to dodge four outs...really too bad I didn't have him covered to score the extra 20. Oh well. I don't know what he could possibly be thinking calling my frop raise. There's no frush draw out, I would probabry just call with KT/AK (which have a bunch of equity vs. him anyway)...I pretty much always have QJ or a set. I really can't think of any other hand I'd ever have. But hey, if donks could think I'd be a lot poorer.

-BRUECHIPS

No comments: