May 22, 2009

Yer Gonna Rove My Nuts! (Part 5)

It has definitely been a trying run at the tabres recently for yours truly. Brackchips railed me some last night and while I ended up in the brack, there were several "WTF???" comments from him as villains dealt me ridiculous bad beat after ridiculous bad beat. I hate to complain, but I will show this hand just for illustrative purposes:


Hero (BB): $68.25
UTG: $12.05
UTG+1: $15.70
MP1: $13.05
MP2: $25.45
CO: $18.25
BTN: $18.75
SB: $41.55

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Kc Qc
UTG calls $0.50, 6 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) Kh 5h 6s (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $1.25, Hero raises to $5, UTG raises to $11.55 all in, Hero calls $6.55

Turn: ($24.35) 8h (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($24.35) 7s (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $24.35
Hero shows Kc Qc (a pair of Kings)
UTG shows Qh 9d (a straight, Nine high)
UTG wins $23.15

Standard UTG limp, 3b-bluff frop for your last $6 with Q-high and two runner-runner draws (which are basically like gold vs. me these days).

OK enough complaining. Let's rejoice because there are still villains willing to put in money drawing stone cold dead,  like this moron:

BB: $34.80
UTG: $9.75
UTG+1: $39.25
Hero (MP1): $94.80
MP2: $62.25
CO: $9.00
BTN: $57.75
SB: $79.85

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP1 with Ac Qd
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $6, 5 folds, UTG+1 raises to $10.25, Hero calls $4.25 (min 4-b....which I will be calling every time, even aside from the fact that I had already seen this guy make some pretty dumb plays.) 

Flop: ($21.25) Ad 5s Kc (2 players)
UTG+1 bets $10, Hero calls $10 (Frop an ace, pretty much zero chance I'm folding now. I just want to maximize his spazz-out factor by playing passively. He's basically repping AA/KK/AK, which he could have, but...I'll be taking my chances vs. this donk.)

Turn: ($41.25) 9c (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks (He only has $19 left, no real reason to bet here as I can stack his worse made hands on the river, as well as some of his air hands. If he had any kind of draw like QJ or some crubs - also I have the Ac - I would think he'd just shove in here, so I'm not worried about protection too much.)

River: ($41.25) Kh (2 players)
UTG+1 bets $19 all in, Hero calls $19 (K is actually a good card, as it makes his monster hands less likely. Although he could have some other random K...that would be pretty much par for the course for a donk vs. me over the last month. In any case, I'm obviously not folding.)

Final Pot: $79.25
UTG+1 shows 4s Qc (a pair of Kings)
Hero shows Ac Qd (two pair, Aces and Kings)
Hero wins $76.25

Well played, donkey. Don't know how the turn and river didn't come out three deuce or running fours to give you the nuts.

-BRUECHIPS

3 comments:

Gunslinger said...

The biggest wtf of the first hand is wtf are you doing at a FR table where only one opponent has > 50BBs.

spritpot said...

Yikes, good point Slinger...I went back and looked at the HH - in my defense, the one dude with $41 was pretty donkish and there was a monsterdonk who was directly to my right with a full stack, but he was sitting out at that point so the HH Converter deleted him. But I agree it's pretty thin to sit with that many shorties.

Shrike said...

What do you think about the increasing advent of antes in FTP cash games? What about the migration of short-stackers away from 200 bb games? What steps do you take to avoid short-stackers in general?

-PL