October 21, 2009

Yer Gonna Rove My Nuts! (Part 11)

Inducing a bluff doesn't always mean slowplaying:


Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/332056
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $42.05
BB: $116.35
Hero (BTN): $55.10

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Kc Ks
Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 5d Ts 4c (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $3.50, Hero raises to $11.50, SB folds, BB raises to $114.85 all in, Hero calls $42.10 all in (If you read this brog regularly, you know that I do not give too much respect to donk bets from most prayers. I can't recall exactly, but I'm sure this donk had tried to lead into me a couple of times already and been denied and was starting to get fed up with not being able to take away the pot with bets that represent nothing. Like is he really expecting me to fold to a donk bet on this frop? Ever? I'm either raising or froating him every time. Which was maybe what he was thinking when he 3b shoves his entire stack in there. Which will work sometimes, but he's risking $40 to do it, whereas I'm risking only $11 to raise his initial bet. And since I'm holding pretty much the nuts, his bruff does not work.)

Turn: ($111.70) 7d (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($111.70) 9h (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $111.70
BB shows 8s Qs (Queen Ten high)
Hero shows Kc Ks (a pair of Kings)
Hero wins $110.70
(Rake: $1.00)

-BRUECHIPS

3 comments:

Lucypher said...

Yes, I would have to agree that shipping 110+ BBs on the flop with top pair(10s) Q kicker qualifies him as a "donk".

The Poker Meister said...

Brue- Why are you getting charged $1.00 rake on that pot? Shouldn't that have hit max rake? Is there some sort of reduced rake that I'm not aware? I want reduced rake!

spritpot said...

Shipping with QT would probably be bad...shipping with Q8-high: even worse!

I think because there were only 3 players dealt in on the hand the rake is reduced? I tried to find the rake schedule on the FT site to confirm, but it was nowhere to be seen.