August 8, 2008

Art of the Min Raise (Part 11)

This was an extra-donkish method of playing AA since this villain got not 1, but 200 big blinds in drawing dead on the frop:

Seat 2: MP ($146.90)
Seat 6: HERO ($100)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Td 9d]
HERO raises to $1.75 (I think this is pretty standard in 6-max these days)
MP raises to $3
HERO calls $1.25

*** FLOP *** [8s 7c 6s] (Nuts!)
HERO bets $5 (I decided best way to build the pot this deep was to lead...he might get suspicious of a check-raise, but he was such a monster donk that it probably wouldn't have mattered)
MP raises to $10 (Note that he min-raises again here on the frop. On an 876 two-flushed board. I love donkeys!!!) 
HERO raises to $30 (Keep building the pot while he seems interested...200 bbs deep, you can't slowplay much if you want to get it all-in. Also a spade, 4, 5, or 9 could scare him.)
MP raises to $50 (Min raise #3!!!!)
HERO raises to $97, and is all in (Pretty clear he's not getting away now, ship it)
MP instacalls $47
HERO shows [Td 9d]
MP shows [Ad As]
*** TURN *** [8s 7c 6s] [5c]
*** RIVER *** [8s 7c 6s 5c] [4h]
HERO wins the pot ($197.75) with a straight, Ten high

-BRUECHIPS

Kind of a bad beat that you didn't have the DONK covered in this spot...cuz its obvious he is stacking off here. I wonder if there is a stack size where he would find a fold...doubtful. SHIP the 200bbs with 93% equity on the frop...VERY TASTYYYY!

-BRACKCHIPS

Yea there's no way he would have folded even if I had had him covered. Unfortunately this was like my 4th hand at the table so I hadn't accumulated a stack yet. I would estimate that I'd be able to get at least 400 bbs on the flop....if he had more than that...I might have had to wait till the turn. For all three streets of betting, I think I could get in 6-700 bbs total if we had been that deep. 

-BRUECHIPS


No comments: