August 28, 2008

Bruechips Fade 'N Go, Part 4

I've been WAY behind the 8 ball on blogging lately...so I'm here to make a little contribution. Check out the HH below...



Well I flop the stone NUTS here cuz i run good...fire a cbet and am promptly CR'd by the SB who is a relatively passive player. I really need to think about his range here...and my options.

Range - sets, frush draws, str8 draws, air. Obviously I am ahead of all of them since I have the nuts, so I don't think reshipping is ever a BAD play...however it def not optimal.

In retrospect I SHOULD have taken the "Bruechips Fade 'N Go" route to increase my equity. If I end up frat carring the CR and jamming any non spade turn/paired board...I can significant increase my equity.

As it is...my frop equity was onry 60% despite hording the nuts, taking the "Bruechips Fade 'N Go" would have pushed my equity to 77%.

Why I am playing RED cards to begin with is beyond me...SO -EV! SPADES ALWAYS GET THERE!

-BRACKCHIPS

That might be a bit too risky in this spot. You do risk getting bluffed off the best hand if you're going to fold to a turn card that pairs the board. Also I'd be surprised if he didn't barrel again on any turn card, which prices him into a call anyway. Finally, you risk losing value from a set if you flat call and a spade comes and it checks through. You then miss value since he would definitely be felting on the flop, and you give him the two free cards anyway because you're afraid of spades. I think re-raising and just getting the money in is the way to go if there are any turn cards that would convince you to fold. The only time flatting is good is if he's insanely aggro and you think he'll fire and stack off very light on any turn with 66 or ATo or something crazy like that.

-BRUECHIPS

1 comment:

Fuel55 said...

Flopped str8 always lose. Just hit "fold to any bet"