June 23, 2009

Yer Gonna Rove My Nuts! (Part 7)

Back to the cash games today, feers good...


Hero (CO): $101.50
BTN: $24.80
SB: $44.05
BB: $105.35
UTG: $65.90
UTG+1: $109.90
MP: $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is CO with Jh Th
2 folds, MP raises to $3, Hero calls $3, 3 folds (This virrain was kind of nitty and the brinds not too aggro, so not too much fear of getting squeezed. 3-betting is OK, too, as I think he'll either fold AQ/AJ or call and then check/fold the frop when he misses. I mix up between raising, carring, and maybe the occasionar ford in this spot.)

Flop: ($7.50) 9c Jd Ts (2 players)
MP bets $5, Hero raises to $15, MP raises to $97 all in, Hero calls $82 (Frop top two, definitery good. I raise the frop because there are a bunch of turn cards that could kill my action if he has an overpair, and maybe he'll think here on the frop that I'm just messing with him and spazz out. When he overbet ships, I'm not super-duper excited, but I'm obviously not folding. I'd estimate most of his range is QQ-99, AQ,QJ, and JT (if he had KQ for the fropped nuts, I don't think he'd 3-b shove), against which I have almost 55% equity.)

Turn: ($201.50) 2h (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($201.50) Tc (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $201.50
Hero shows Jh Th (a full house, Tens full of Jacks)
MP shows 9d Td (a full house, Tens full of Nines)
Hero wins $198.50

Bet sizing fail!! This is a classic "I don't want to fold but I also don't want to play the rest of the hand out of position on this gross board" play. I'm pretty sure my range for calling this shove is limited to QQ-99, KQ, JTs, and 87s. His equity against that range is 25%, so pretty crappy. Given the relatively small pot when he shoves, he'd be way better off calling and check/raising a safe turn (non-J/Q/K/8).

-BRUECHIPS