June 17, 2008

Art of the Min Raise - Part 9



Ok so as you can tell right now…this hand should technically fall under the Art of the Min Raise series. The 3b made by the villain was not a min raise…but it was in fact a VERY small raise…the standard here with full stax should be to 120ish. Nevertheless, let me get into this hand further.

Is my UTG preflop raise possibly a bit too aggro? Possibly, but I felt very in control at this particular table and opted to play this hand for an open raise. Open limping is pretty much exclusively for gheys and donkaments so if I’m going to play this hand, I’m raising…and if I get 3b, I wirr muck or proceed with caution.

So after opening to 35, superdonk makes it 94. I opted to make somewhat of a roose call here…but I definitely had my reasons.
a) this player had not 3b me so I figured his range to be polarized to a big pair
b) he had me covered for 100bbs
c) he was a donk

Ok when I flop pretty the best possible hand for my holdings (2 overs and a FD), he comes out and bets ¼ pot. Uhhhh, ok. Are you serious? I decided to CR here with no intention of fording...and virrain smooth carrs.

Turn compretes my frush and I decided to just ship the rest in for a pottish sized bet…no use in waiting for a scare card or allowing my hand to get beat. I end up getting INSTACARRED by a hand that is drawing STONE dead for 100bb’s on a grossly draw heavy board. Every POSSIBLE draw gets there on the turn. Diamonds, A5, 56…the works.

Hands like these (and the villains that play them) are what makes onrine poker so fawking juicy. Thank you poker gods!

3 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Nothing beats black aces you fool.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

can't see replayer... what's the HH?

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Great customer service, tyvm!