June 5, 2008

Life Changes

I recently got laid off from my job and last week I officially joined the ranks of the unemployed. While this is obviously -EV for my cashflow/financial stability...so far it is def +EV on life. I feel much more relaxed, less stressed, and just more positive in general. You might be asking how this relates to a poker blog...well here goes.

a) I am playing less - this probably seems counterintuitive to most because I have more time on my hands since I'm no longer 9-5ing behind a desk, but I just don't feel the need to play as much now. Don't get me wrong though, I still love and enjoy the game more than ever - the obsession/addiction has not subsided.

b) Playing my A game more - partly due to the fact I am playing shorter sesh's...this obviously should have a +EV on my winrate. Kudos to Gnome's post on focusing on the importance of bringing your A game. Do you want to put in an hr or two of your A game or end up in some gross length sesh where yer game slips unconrollably? Recognition of when your game is slipping (and quitting!) is paramount of success.

c) Not tilting as much - I think this is a product of being in a better state of mind with the rest of my life now that I'm unemployed. I'm relaxing, spending time doing things I want to which is awesome2themax - and this has def translating to tilting less.

Here's to pwning the tables!

-BRACKCHIPS

1 comment:

Gnome said...

When I was unemployed, I felt so good every day when I decided to hit the tables. I slept in, didn't play too many hours and was more often on my A-game. Gl.