December 17, 2008

Poker Stars Blogament

I managed to score in last night's Poker Stars Blogger Freeroll, netting myself an entry into the final tourney on the 21st as well as a Step 3 ticket. Not bad. I might have done better if I hadn't folded this hand below, but on the whole, I think it's a good fold. Keep in mind that the prize structure was such that 10th-27th got the same prize, 2nd-9th got a much better prize, and 1st a very nice prize.

Seat 1: Hijack (27075 in chips)
Seat 2: bruechips (CO) (28581 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG+1 (16838 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [8d Ad]

UTG+1 raises 13463 to 16463 and is all-in (This part doesn't concern me that much. This player is  shoving from early position, but the blinds are approaching him fast, he is shortstacked in a structure that requires him to double up at least once more before raising his payout level, and he seemed like an active player anyway. If it were folded to me, I'd definitely reshove.)
Hijack raises 10237 to 26700 and is all-in (Unfortuantely, that doesn't happen. A8s seems looks like gold when everybody's seemingly shoving every hand, but 3-way, but even if the first player is shoving 50% of his hands, and the second player reshoving as much as 25% of his hands, I still have only 34% equity.  And this doesn't even consider the possibility of one of the three players behind me waking up with a monster and me ending up with even less equity than that. Also, winning this pot would make me a big stack, but still not a monster stack. I'd definitely have more work to do before getting to the final 9. I'd much rather wait for a spot where I can be the one to put in the last chip and have some fold equity, rather than just gamble here.)
bruechips folds
*** FLOP *** [2h Qs 3s]
*** TURN *** [2h Qs 3s] [9d]
*** RIVER *** [2h Qs 3s 9d] [Ah]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
UTG+1: shows [8s Kh] (high card Ace)
Hijack: shows [Jd Kc] (high card Ace - King+Queen+Jack kicker)

Anyway, I'll probably come back and play the other two NLHE blogger freerolls in hopes of getting more tickets or other tokens, even though my entry in the Sunday final is already secure. Hey, it's free.

-BRUECHIPS

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Even though you would have won, you did the right thing (as I know you know). Because you believe you're better than most of the players left, 28K chips to you are like gold.

Nice job on the step 3 ticket.

Memphis MOJO said...

I didn't notice you were playing (probably was looking for Spritpot or something), sorry.