December 4, 2008

Triple Pwnage

It looked like I wasn't going to be able to score anything out of this DNG as I was low on chips with 5 players remaining, but then these three hands happened, one after the other as I triple-pwned this poor SOB:

Hand #1 (blinds 50/100):

Seat 6: Poor SOB (SB) (3300.00)
Seat 7: bruechips (BB) (1255.00)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to bruechips [Ac Kd ]
SB raises to 350
bruechips raises to 1255.00
Poor SOB calls 955
Poor SOB shows Qd, Kh

** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, As, 4h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]

Pretty standard hand, his call is kinda meh given that I hadn't been super-active up to that point, we were down to 5 players, and he was pretty much tied for second in chips, but it's not a really bad call IMHO.

Hand #2:

Seat 6: Poor SOB (button) (2,045)
Seat 7: bruechips (SB) (2,510)
Seat 9: BB (1,515)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [Ks 7d]
Poor SOB calls 100
bruechips calls 50 (This is pretty marginal. If I thought the Poor SOB were a better player or if the BB were a good player I'd fold, but since they're both preetty donkish I decided I'd take a flop with them getting 5:1 on a call, fairly confident that the BB will check his option.)
BB checks

*** FLOP *** [8c 7s Ts]
bruechips checks (I was check/folding here, I think...you might think leading would be OK, but I think you get called a lot by Tx,8x,9x, and random broadway cards that have straight draws. I would rather try and keep the pot small while I am out of position with a weak hand and see what develops.)
BB checks
Poor SOB checks

*** TURN *** [8c 7s Ts] [6s]
bruechips checks
BB checks
Poor SOB bets 200
bruechips calls 200 (I pick up a flush draw to go along with my pair. My hand is good enough that I don't want to fold it but weak enough that I don't want to risk my whole stack with it. I think the Poor SOB would have bet the flop if he had any pair (aside from an underpair to the board), two spades, or a 9. So I thought that I'm probably ahead, but the 6 probably improved his hand somehow, like he has A6, or just a single spade in his hand. I guess he could have 76 or 66 too. The other reason for check/calling instead of check/raising is that I can see what the BB does cheaper. If the BB raises, he's got a straight or a flush for sure. I could lead 200 into the BB and button to get the same info, but I don't get quite as much info if I get raised there, since either player could raise me with a single spade. This way, the button will bet 200 into me (instead of a bigger raise if I bet into him), plus his range includes a lot more hands I beat, and also the BB will fold in the face of a bet and a call whereas he might have been more aggro in the face of just a lead into a pot that was checked around on the flop.)
BB folds
*** RIVER *** [8c 7s Ts 6s] [3c]
bruechips checks
Poor SOB bets 500
bruechips calls 500 (Given the way the hand played out and my read, this is an easy call once the 3c hits. Note that he takes down the blinds preflop if he just raises instead of limping the button.)
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Poor SOB shows [Js Qc]

Then Hand #3, just to finish the job...this one just plays itself:

Seat 6: Poor SOB (CO) (1,245)
Seat 7: bruechips (button) (3,410)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [Jd Jh]
Poor SOB raises to 300
bruechips raises to 800
Poor SOB raises to 1,245, and is all in
bruechips calls 445
Poor SOB shows [8s 8h]
bruechips shows [Jd Jh]

*** FLOP *** [5c Kd 2s]
*** TURN *** [5c Kd 2s] [3c]
*** RIVER *** [5c Kd 2s 3c] [Tc]

I went on to take down the DNG.

-BRUECHIPS

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

When you recount a hand, I like how you explain things as you go along to include what you are thinking.