December 29, 2008

Thanks for not Stacking Me, Bro! (Part 10)

This one isn't literally a thanks for not stacking me, since I don't think I would have gone broke with the worst hand here, but at least there was some big value missed.

Seat 1: MP1 ($375.35)
Seat 4: bruechips (CO) ($219.85)

*** HOLE CARDS **
Dealt to bruechips [Jh Ks]
MP1 calls $2
bruechips raises to $10 (Standard isolation of a limper in late position)
MP1 calls $8

** FLOP ** [8h Jd Ts]
MP1 checks
bruechips checks (I hit top pair, but this is not a flop I'm really excited about getting a whole lot of money in on. I could get check-raised by some hands I beat, such as KQ, T9, 89, J9, and QJ, and I'd be in a tough spot, because I'd also get check/raised by JT, JJ,TT,88, and Q9. I would be either way behind or a little bit ahead. I decided to play it safe and check behind.)

*** TURN ** [8h Jd Ts] [9d]
MP1 checks
bruechips checks (Now I'm behind most of the second-best hands I was ahead of on the frop. I also pick up a straight draw of my own. Best to just keep the pot small and check behind again, as there are very few hands I beat that would call a value bet. Maybe KT? I could be with the intention of making another big bet on the river to fold out two pair or AJ, but I think he might have made a smallish lead bet on the turn with those hands. I'm hoping he has pocket fours or something and I can just check down a win.)

*** RIVER ** [8h Jd Ts 9d] [Td]
MP1 checks
bruechips checks (Absolutely no reason to bet now. I no longer beat KT. He might somehow have slowplayed some weird backdoor flush. I now beat some of the two pair combos I might have tried to bluff.)

*** SHOW DOWN **
bruechips shows [Jh Ks] two pair, Jacks and Tens
MP1 shows [Ac Ah] two pair, Aces and Tens

ROR!!! Way to srowpray your aces into a monsterpotten of ZERO post-frop bets after I fropped top pair second kicker. Granted the board came out gross for him, but...just shows you the weakness of srowpraying a hand pre-frop out of position rike that. Anyway, enjoy that juicy $10 you won on that hand, bro. Take Tiffany's mom for a nice night out on the town.

-BRUECHIPS

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

"Take Tiffany's mom for a nice night out on the town."

PRICELESS ...

spritpot said...

Actually it does have a price...probably well south of $10...