January 12, 2009

2009 Goals

I figured i'd jump on the "goals" wagon and write up some of my poker goals for 2009...

1) Play FEWER TABLES.
I am constantly battling to find a balance between finding the optimal number of tables to play while sustaining a solid winrate.  While I have had Full Tilt limit the number tables that I can sit at 8, I am often on several waitlists...and have to constantly battle prioritizing the tables that I sit at.  Obviously this process is far from an exact science (I have to look at opponents, stack sizes, the table avg VPIP, etc.), and it is definitely a distraction while I am playing.  I think that 6 is ideal given my style of play, but its too tempting to not sit with as many donks as possible, ROR.  So I am going to try shoot for an average of 7 tables.  

2) Be a winner at NL1k
Last year I was a loser at 1k...that's not good.  The games at this stakes are tougher and as this is not my regular stake, so I either have to play better, donk off less, and table select better.  

3) 3k hand limit per day
Often if I am bored during the day...I will find myself GRINDING my ass off.  Its ok to grind...but I gotta make the time for other things.  Also, there is NO WAY I can sustain my A game for that long.  

4) Less variance and no more D-Days
Since I am one of the more LAG players at FR, I encounter a bit more variance than the average regular.  I can reduce this by adjusting better to my opponents and playing fewer 3b pots.  In addition, every 3 months or so I find myself down an absurd number of buyins and end up trying to battle through it.  Gotta put an end to this, period.  

5) Sustain a WR of 6 bb's/100.  
Considering the fact that I am multitabling, given the stakes and state of the game, I think this is a good number to shoot for.  

-Brackchips

No comments: