January 4, 2009

Aspirations?

So last night I was at a small party and I had a random stranger walk up to me and abruptly ask "hey, what do you do?"  My response - "oh, i'm not working...I am unemployed."  Random stranger's response, "Oh, so what are you aspirations."  Wait a second...dude I don't even know yer fawking name, yet you want to know what I do for a living and my "aspirations?"  WTF is that all about?  I think the fact that these were his two questions pretty much make this guy a d-bag by default.  Seriously bro, we are at a PARTY...this is not a job interview...oh and no, I don't know yer name.  


After I politely explained how I am able to "get by" without working via online poker...he digs further and asks how much money I make!  ROR.  I'm still not sure if this guy was serious, or possibly he was a figment of my imagination.  I really should have responded by asking him how much money HE made.  Here's to inappropriate random questions to complete strangers, ROR!

However, back to the topic of aspirations...it got me thinking a bit about what I want to "do" with my life.  I have been unemployed for 7 months now and have applied for exactly 1 job, ROR.  I truly enjoy playing poker almost everyday and having an extremely flexible schedule.  Heck if I want to grind 5k hands a day, take a vacation, go golfing, its up to me.  A combination of a shitty economy, enjoying poker, lack of motivation to look for a new job, and not knowing for sure what I want to do professionally has left me where I am now...and I'm enjoying every minute of it (except the times when I get my soul ownd by the RNG!).  

-BRACKCHIPS

4 comments:

James P McAteer said...

how much DO you earn?

seriously though - I don't know anything about you but you are right to make the most of your situation. plenty of time to get a 'real' job.

Memphis MOJO said...

If you don't follow through on this poker thing, you'll always wonder. Go for it!

lj said...

wait...you play poker professionally? how do i not know this? um, lol.

spritpot said...

thanks for the comments all.

i wouldn't quite say i'm a poker "pro" - however it is my only source of income :)