January 19, 2009

Brack is Beautiful (Part 16) - Straight Frush Edition

Well, it wasn't a royal, but spades worked some extraordinary magic for me yesterday. Even better, it was vs. a donkey trying to slowplay aces. Always a mistake vs. the nut suit:

Seat 5: bruechips (CO) (2,055)
Seat 7: SB (1,770)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [5s 6s]
bruechips raises to 180 (Obviously not an auto-raise for me at this point in the tourney, but the blinds had been pretty tight, so I decided to raise it up. Nothing wrong with folding.)
SB calls 150 (This guy had been pretty tight, so I give his call some credit.)

*** FLOP *** [3s 7s 4s]
SB checks
bruechips checks (Umm...stone cold nuts?? I just checked in hopes that he has overs and hits a pair or a single spade that he'll put more money in with later. I don't have too much experience playing fropped straight frushes...maybe I'm supposed to bet, I dunno. But also I've found that in donkaments especially, checking the frop will sometimes make even tighter players go nuts on later streets, so maybe I induce some random bruffs by checking.)

*** TURN *** [3s 7s 4s] [5d]
SB bets 210
bruechips calls 210 (I continue to srowpray even though his bet makes it pretty clear he's got something, although maybe not something he's willing to go broke with on this very gross board.)

*** RIVER *** [3s 7s 4s 5d] [4c]
SB bets 444
bruechips raises to 1,665, and is all in (Another bet from him, time to ship it in and hope he has a boat or something)
SB calls 936, and is all in

*** SHOW DOWN ***
bruechips shows [5s 6s] a straight flush, Seven high
SB mucked [Ah Ad] - two pair, Aces and Fours (Or makes a horrific call with AA...dude do you SEE that board? You think I'm shoving the river with QQ or a bare ace of spades?? ROR! C'mon dude, when you see spades on the board, find the ford button!! I guess vs. this guy it didn't matter how I played this hand, I was going to bust him.)

-BRUECHIPS

No comments: