July 18, 2008

THIN! (Part 6)

As I have discussed before, I hate shorties. As a consequence, I love stacking them. Partly because I just hate them and seeing them lose gives me joy, but also because it might get them off the table. Here's a hand where I got some razor-thin value off a shorty:

Seat 1: CO ($63.95)
Seat 8: HERO (MP) ($279.25)

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to HERO [Qh Ac]
HERO raises to $8
CO calls $8

*** FLOP *** [2c 7h Td]
HERO bets $14 (Knowing pretty much nothing about this short-stacker before this hand, I think this is a mandatory bet.  Surprisingly, a lot of shortstackers do set-mine. It's the most retarded thing in the world, but he could have 55 and fold here. I also don't want to check and let QJ or KJ or something retarded like that eihter get there or bet me out of the pot.)
CO raises to $28 (MIN raise. With $28 behind...OK...this idiot must have taken a break from giving his boyfriend head to make this bet. I think my fold equity is pretty minimal, although you never know with these shorties. I was thinking I'm probably against some crap one-pair like 66 or 78, with some chance of a straight draw. It costs me $42 more to shove and there's already almost $60 in the pot. So that's my story for why I thought shoving was +EV, but part of it was that I just didn't want to fold to a min-raise from this shorty asshat, and nailing an A to suck out vs. his pocket threes would just feel so tasty.)
HERO raises to $103
CO calls $27.95, and is all in
HERO shows [Qh Ac]
CO shows
[Ah Jh]
*** TURN *** [2c 7h Td] [9s]
*** RIVER *** [2c 7h Td 9s] [4c]
HERO wins the pot ($127.90) with Ace Queen high

Thin-ness!!! Eat it, you filthy short-stacker!! Get the hell off my table!!!

-BRUECHIPS

No comments: