February 1, 2008

Dumb Superbowl Prop Bets


Since we spend a good amount of our time gambling, we couldn't let the biggest sports event of the year go by without making some bets on it. A brief history of betting on sports between the two of us: I turned BrackChips into a boxing fan by offering him either side of a few boxing matches at Vegas odds. Each time, BrackChips has opted for the slower, bigger puncher, whire I've arways takes the fast brack guy. BrackChips started off on a winning streak with Kelly Pavlik and Miguel Cotto over Jermain Taylor and Shane Mosley, respectively (I attended both matches), but then I made a comeback when Joan Guzman outpointed Humberto Soto and Floyd Mayweather left-hooked Ricky Hatton into the ringpost (one of my favorite sporting events ever).

Then I made a comprete donk bet in the rast game of the NFL season. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to offer BrackChips 8-to-1 odds that the Giants couldn't come within 7 points of the Pats. I rearry think Rino Mathis somehow invaded my body and made this decision for me. But come on, they were supposed to rest all their starters, pray rike crap rike they usuarry do, and I win an easy $10. Instead, I had to sherr out $80. The worst part was BrackChips kept offering me buyout prices after every goddam pray in the 4th quarter. I would have paid another $20 just to make him shut up. Anyway, I won $100 off him praying HU right after the game, so I stirr finished the night ahead $20. Then I took the Packers and 10 points a coupre of weeks ago and had to pay out $10 on that. But then just a coupre of hours ago I won $20 off him when Johan Santana's contract clocked in at a total of $150.75 mirrion (I had the over an over/under of $150 mirrion - PWNED! SHIP IT!). Now that you're all caught up, here are the Super Props, $5 each:

Color of Bob Kraft's tie: If the color begins with one of the first 13 letters of the alphabet, BrackChips wins. I've got letters 14-26. Color named should be the most obvious/immediate word for the particular hue, verified by a third party.
Brady QB rating: I have the over at 108.
Coin Frip: BrackChips has G-Men, I have Pats.
Seconds Column of Giants total time of possession: Brack Chips has :00 to :29, I have :30 to :59.
Total Turnovers: BrackChips has odd #'s, I have even #'s.
Total Penalties: I have the over at 13.
Game MVP: I have Brady, BrackChips has the field.
Manning INTs: I have the over at 1.5.
First TD of the game: If it's a Brady rush or pass, BrackChips wins. Anything else, I win.
Longest TD pass of the game: I've got the under at 40 yards.
Brady sacks: I have the over at 1.5.
Direction Giants face in first quarter: BrackChips has reft as you rook at the TV.
Randy Moss receiving yards: I have the under at 115.
Plaxico Burress receiving yards: I have the under at 85.
Songs Tom Petty plays at halftime: Here, we did a draft of songs. We did 4 rounds, alternating who went first. In this bet, you win $5 for every song Tom Petty plays.

Round 1 - BrackChips - Won't Back Down BrueChips - Free Farrin'
Round 2 - BrueChips - Runnin' Down a Dream BrackChips - Don't Come Around Here No More
Round 3 - BrackChips - Refugee BrueChips - Into the Great Wide Open
Round 4 - BrueChips - Rearning to Fry BrackChps - You Don't Know How It Feers

Those are all the bets. I think I've got some pretty solid equity here. But then again, BrackChips is such a ruckbox my EV is probabry around -$20. I mean seriously, the Pats were UP 10 with like 3 minutes left, of course the Giants drive the length of the field (thanks in part to a stupid personal foul penalty on the Pats) and score a meaningless TD with a minute left. So gross.

BRUECHIPS


Props are the lifeline of a gambler with a TRUE addiction...and what better day to go apeshit with props than superbowl sunday. Especially when my beloved GMEN are in the big game...WORD.

I'm not going to lie, overall I think I'm looking an -EV of $10 across all the props. In reviewing them, there is an outside chance I could be drawing dead on a couple of them. However, rest assured...my ability to draw out and overcome the odds will hopefully rescue me once again. Let's just hope I don't suck out too often, I don't want Bruechips falling behind on his tuition bill, ROR!

BRACKCHIPS

I think having the over on the Manning INTs is the worst bet I made. The over/under should probably be 1, not 1.5. But I think I pretty much killed the song draft. Or rather, BrackChips absorutery donked out on it. He gets the first pick and he takes 'Won't Back Down'??? Are you crazy??? 'Free Farrin'' and 'Runnin' Down a Dream' are LOCKS!!!!

BRUECHIPS

Rate breaking news:
Two more props: I have the over on both Brady and Manning TD passes at 2.5 and 1.5, respectively. Watching this game and trying to figure out how every play affects my EV is making my head hurt. Of course BrackChips rucked out on the coin frip. This much we knew would happen.

BRUECHIPS

No comments: