February 7, 2008

QUADZILLA

$2/$4 (9-handed)

*** PREFROP ***

BLACKCHIPS ($773) raises to $20 from UTG with (Qh Qs) - (standard open here with the hilton sisters, my raise is larger than normal bc of a OOP poster)
MP ($674) – raises to $36 (what a WEAK fawking raise…is this strength or weakness? I haven’t seen him 3 bet once so I’m going to interpret it as strength)
BLACKCHIPS calls $16 (while there definitely can be an argument for 4 betting here to define my hand better, I’m going to see a flop since we are deep)

*** FLOP *** (7d Qd Qc) (can you say NUTS?)
BLACKCHIPS bets $64
MP calls $64
(Some players might be inclined to check call or check raise in this spot…I opted to donk into him with the nuts. Why? First off, I want to build the pot if he has an overpair and second, there is NO WAY he would believe I would donk into him with quads. NONE. So let’s get this party started here on the flop, I want to get MAX value on this hand.)

*** TURN *** (7d Qd Qc) (7h)
BLACKCHIPS bets $156 (why stop betting here? If he has AK, he’ll muck it, but he may call more street if he has an overpair.)
MP calls $156

*** RIVER *** (7d Qd Qc 7h) (2c)
BLACKCHIPS bets $476 (I left myself with a nice sized river bet, hopefully he still thinks I have something like KK or air!)
MP calls $418.50, and is all in (can you say SHIP IT?)

*** SHOW DOWN ***
BLACKCHIPS shows (Qh Qs) four of a kind, Queens (hilton sisters SQUARED!)
MP mucks
BLACKCHIPS wins the pot ($1,356) with four of a kind, Queens

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $1,359 | Rake $3
Board: (7d Qd Qc 7h 2c)
BLACKCHIPS showed (Qh Qs) and won ($1,356) with four of a kind, Queens
MP mucked (Ad Ah) - two pair, Aces and Queens (uh dude, you might have had pocket rockets, but you didn't even have the Ace of spades, how could you possibry expect to win this hand. Jesus, neither of your cards were even BRACK!)

BRACKCHIPS

1 comment:

Fuel55 said...

I love the way you played this hand. AK is not paying you off anyway so get max value from AA or KK.