April 20, 2009

My range is better than yours!

I've recently been really trying to make an attempt to focus on my hand range while playing in an effort to open up my game and PWN more!  


Ducks UTG+1 is a bit roose...but the game was pretty nitty and I felt comfortable opening with them at this table.  

The frop comes down SUPER wet and I was faced with a decision as to whether I should c bet into 3 other players.  While I don't LOVE my cbet here, I felt like because of my position...I would be able to rep a tighter range with my c bet, I opened in EP and I led into 3 people.  Unfortunately I only get 2 folds, and we head to the turn HU.  At this point I think we can eliminate certain hands from his range - set's and 2 pairs...the villain is a regular TAG and when someone UTG+1 opens and then makes a cbet...you are OFTEN going to raise that frop in position hoping he has an Ax hand that you pwn.  

The turn is a blank and I decided to check - I will probably mix up my turn decisions with my monsters - betting maybe 60% time and checking 40% of the time.  When the villain x's the turn back its very clear that he has either a club draw or some type of Ax hand.  

The river completes JTcc, but I'm not that worried about that hand bc I feel that he would of either raised the frop or bet the turn with that hand.  I decide to check again...and the villain bets out.  I debating calling because I beat his busted draws but chose to XRAI instead in the event that he was value betting an A.  I felt that my range in the situation crushed his and thus I would get folds often enough for it to be profitable.  

6th pair FTW!

7 comments:

Gnome said...

Nice hand!

Schaubs said...

Wouldn't he be called the "virrian"??

Shrike said...

I love it. A nice play vs. an opponent able to see past their own cards.

-PL

spritpot said...

correct, he is a virrain...ROR.

being able to turn yer hand into a bluff on the river def has quite a bit of value given the right circumstances. i was talking to brue about how i would NOT have been able to turn KK into a river bluff...but essentially my hand value (22 or KK) vs his river xr calling range is the same.

-brackchips

Fuel55 said...

River XR is awesome. But a fish would call me with 33

spritpot said...

don't bruff fish!

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Email me the HH please. Can't see it no the replayer or whatever.