April 10, 2009

A "Standard" Froat

As far as brave and daring plays go, this one is fairly conventional, but here goes:


SB: $100.00
BB: $29.75
UTG: $25.50
Hero (UTG+1): $114.90
MP1: $51.00
MP2: $51.40
CO: $25.00
BTN: $73.45

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+1 with Jh Th
UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, 4 folds, SB calls $2, 2 folds (Isolation raise of the UTG limper. The SB is a pretty aggressive player, running at about 27/21 in over 1k hands.)

Flop: ($5.50) 3d Kh 3s (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB raises to $9, Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $5.50 (I c-bet this frop like I would do every time. When the SB raises me, it's really tough to put him on a hand that he'd be willing to put in 200 bbs with. Although this spot is standard enough that I'd probably call here even 100 bbs deep. He's basically repping A3s or 34s. He'd 3-bet AK or KK pre-flop every time, and I don't think he really wants to go broke with KQ or KJ. He's going to be either bluffing or value-raising something other than a 3 often enough that I don't want to give up here, since I can rep AA,KK, or more frequently, AK. The question is whether I should raise or call. I think if I 3-bet it looks too bluffy 200 bbs deep, because if I had AK or AA I would probably just call. So the only hands I'd be raising preflop and then  3-betting for value on this frop would be KK, 33, and A3s, which is too narrow a range to represent. If I call, though, I can represent AA and AK later in the hand, as well as perhaps a slowplayed KK or 33 (For those in the know, I'm applying the Yeti Theorem). As an added bonus, I have backdoor frush and straight draws, but I don't need them to be making this play.)

Turn: ($23.50) 8c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $14.50, SB says "wow AK", SB folds (He gives up his bluff and checks the turn, and I put in a bet that looks a lot like a value bet, which I would be making with AK or AA. I could also check here and bet the river, but I think he gets a little too tempted to call with 77 or KT. By betting the turn instead, I'm also threatening a big bet on the river. By his chat, I can tell that my line worked in convincing him that I did have AK and he folds.)

Final Pot: $23.50
Hero wins $22.35
(Rake: $1.15)

-BRUECHIPS

No comments: