April 30, 2009

Thanks for Not Stacking Me, Bro! (Parts 14 and 15)

We almost need a new category for how bad this donk played this hand. This guy seems to play pretty often, but he's just fawking TERRIBLE. All his pre-frop 3bs are min raises, and post frop he typically bets about 1/6th pot. Here's an earlier hand I played against him (this is not even the best one):


CO: $54.85
Hero (BTN): $50.00
SB: $48.40
BB: $21.45
UTG: $5.65
UTG+1: $54.10
UTG+2: $41.20
MP1: $46.80
MP2: $32.40

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 8h Qh
6 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB raises to $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.25 (Standard I think...I have position, I know his hand is strong, we're deep enough that I can get enough value when I flop the better hand often enough that I can call pre-flop given the odds he's giving me.)

Flop: ($6.50) 8c Ac Qd (2 players)
SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50 (OK, I flop bottom two, but this isn't really that great of a board to have two pair on given the preflop action because of the ace out there. If he's min 3-betting with only top 3 hands - AA, KK, QQ - I am ahead of only 60% of his range, since there are 3 AA combos, 6 KK combos, and 1 QQ combo possible. Also if I raise he'll fold KK. So I decide I'm just going to call down. I may be missing some value if he has AK, but I'm not sure if that's in his min 3-betting range at this point, and also I can valuetown the turn and river if he checks to me, indicating he doesn't have AA or QQ.)

Turn: ($9.50) 2h (2 players)
SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50 (He's still betting small, I'll continue to call down with basically a bluffcatcher, if you consider him to be bluffing if he's betting KK.)

River: ($14.50) 7c (2 players)
SB bets $7.25, Hero calls $7.25 (1/2 pot bet...at this point I really felt like he might have AK given his smallish bets but I resisted the urge to raise and just called.)

Final Pot: $29.00
Hero mucks 8h Qh
SB shows Qs Qc (three of a kind, Queens) (Yep, that'll win...)

Then later at a different hand I played this hand with the same dude:

UTG: $66.65
UTG+1: $19.50
MP1: $50.00
MP2: $27.20
Hero (CO): $159.70
BTN: $35.25
SB: $27.20
BB: $26.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Jc Ac
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BTN raises to $4, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.75 (This call is a little thinner since I'm out of position and he's shallower. But I am suited so there's frush possibility...plus by this point I had seen him min 3b a little more so I thought his range could be a little wider, giving me more equity, and plus he's shown himself to be such a terrible value bettor that I don't stand to lose too much when I frop a second best hand.)

Flop: ($9.25) As 4c Ad (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks (Gin!! I thought about leading three times here and hoping he'd call down with KK-JJ, but I decided to go for a check/call and then lead the river if the turn checked through.)

Turn: ($9.25) 2d (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks (OK, he checked the frop...I should probably bet here but I decided that check/calling again and leading the river would be the best way to get value from KK-JJ. Not sure about that one.)

River: ($9.25) 5d (2 players)
Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7 (OK, he checked the turn too, can't wait any more, gotta try and get at least one bet from his pocket pairs...)

Final Pot: $23.25
Hero shows Jc Ac (three of a kind, Aces)
BTN shows Kd Ah (three of a kind, Aces)
BTN wins $22.10 (ROR!!! That has to be the top TfNSM hand in spritpot history...At reast IMHO. How do you frop nut trips in a 3b pot and win ONE bet vs. an opponent with worse trips? And HE's the one who makes the bet?? All I can say is...thanks for that $25 you saved me, dude. You're the best)

-BRUECHIPS

1 comment:

WillWonka said...

I hope that wasn't me that you were up against.. ;-)