February 12, 2009

Brackchips Rivebrog

Ok folks...here we go - all ready for the HU showdown. I've traveled 3k+ miles for this event and now its on like donkey kong.

We just high carded for the button, I pulled a red 9 and bruechips peeled a black Ace. Dagger...let's hope this is not indicative of the way this match will unfold.

I hope I put a REALLY wicked beat on bruechips...it is pretty much the onry way I will feel accomplished with a W.

Let's dance...


Hand #1
AJdh, I choose just to call oop 200bb deep. Frop is Ac4hTc. I XR a c bet of 4 to 16 hoping to rep a FD and he insta forded. I don't think he would think that I would XR with TPGK, and I hoped he would float with 66-88. Obviously had air and didn't feel like floating or just thought I was super strong.

Hand #2
I raise 3x on the B with Ts5c (brack cards r GORD!) and he carred...we saw a frop of 5d6d7c and it went xx. I feel this frop is ALL OVER his calling range. I expected to get xr'd quite often and would not be able to continue. He led a Qd turn and I fold like a vagina.

Hand #3
Folded 8To to a raise...a bit weak but whatev. If they were sooted it was an insta 3b, ROR!

Hand #4
Raise 3x with Q6dd and I get an instamuck!

Hand #5
Folded Ks3c to his ghey b raise.

Hand #6
Jh9d - I raise, he mucks.
Note - at this rate...no one is going to win this match.

Hand #7
I get a walk with 2 rags.

Hand #8
I opened with QJo and got 3b...kind of a tight fold this deep, but I felt he was a pretty strong.

Hand #9

He raises and I muck 6 high.

Hand #10

I gave him a walk with 47 high. At this rate, this match may never end. I just want some PRAYABLE effing cards!

Hand #11

I get a walk with J2hh. WORD!

Hand #12

I open with K2ss and get an instafold. I proudly flash my Ks and Brue laughs knowing he woulda been walking into a big trap had he played his hand.

Hand #13

I call a raise from the SB with KJ and frop GIN - KKJcc. I plan on xc'ing and either leading or xr'ing all turns. The turn, 8s brings a second frush draw and I donk pot and he folds pretty quick. GHEYYY! I was planning a river xr in the event that he carred the turn bet.


Hand #14

I fold J4o OTB.


Hand #15

This one got nasty folks...I called a raise with A7o
- frop was Ks8h4d. I elected to froat oop and xf to a second barrel, and lead the river if the turn x'd through to rep a hand like KJ. However the turn came a 6c giving me a gutshot and and over - I changed my mind and try to make him fold his bluffs, 89, 99-QQ and KT-KA...I xr'd and bet big on the river which was a 9c. I was trying to rep either a straight with 57, a set, or two pair...and I was CERTAIN he did not have a set on the frop and turn, and when he calls the turn xr, he does NOT have a draw. Unfortunately I ran into 2 pair...ghey. In retrospect, I should have either 3b or just folded...middlish offsoot aces r ghey, just like my stack size now after bruffing off half of it.

Hand #16
I fold 58o OTB.

Hand #17
He opens OTB and I opt to 3b for the first time with 46ss. He mucks pretty quick and flashes his cards - T7ss. VALUE OWNDDDD!

Hand #18
I open with Ts3s OTB and get called. Frop is Jc8h7h...I go ahead and cbet against my instinct and get called...turn is a 6h and get xr'd. I fold...such a TERRIBLE second barrel...I really don't see him calling the c bet without at least a big heart. His range here is alotta 2 pairs, combo draws, sets, and other hands that GHEY ME.

Note - brue is barely visible behind the mountain of chips that I have given him.
God I'm a donk.

Hand #19

Learned my lesson this time with A8o...I 3b and he folded two spades!
WOW...big laydown there...big laydown!

Hand #20
More bluffing madness on my part...although I like the way I played this hand more than the others were I got PWND. I make a standard raise with 45ss and we see a flop of Qs8h2h. I get xr'd pretty big and decide to float for a combo of reasons...I have him on a FD (QQ he 3b's and prolly even 88, so 222 is the only set combo I see him having here), and there are a TON of turn cards that can help me out. A tasty 3c comes on the turn giving me some outs. He bets 20 on the turn and its still feeling like a FD at this point...I debated shoving but bc of my stack size, I don't think I would ever get a fold at this point, EVER. I'm getting a good price and I plan on shoving over a busted heart draw on the river. The river is a Js, which is good and bad...I had 9Thh as a decent part of his range so that just got there...but when he x's, I obviously need to stab. He is def capable of xc'ing for value here with 9Thh...but he tanked forever and rooked me up with A3hh which obviously beats the nut low. Meh.

FYI - I am now nursing the 35bb stack...


Hand #21.

K5o, automuck. I gotta play tight on this ghey stack..


Hand #22

I go ahead and limp the B...def ghey but just trying to experiment a bit. 86o. Frop is Kh9d5d and I get donked into. I call with GBALL and the turn is a Th. XX. River Qs and he xf's. Don't really know his donk range...maybe A5, 46dd?
I rake the monsterpotten, SCORE!

Hand #23

Well folks...this one was absolutely EPIC. That's all I can say...I call a raise with QsJd and end up check raising all in on a As6s4s frop...I think I can fold out some pairs and have the best draw alot of the time. Uhhhh except when you are up against Ks5h, RORRR! However I manage a MONEYSHOT turn SUCKOUT with the Jc but Brue wins the battle with the resuck when the Js comes on the river! Remember...spades ALWAYS get there, there was never a doubt.