February 12, 2009

Bruechips RiveBrog

We're about ready to get started here. We have all the requisite materials...chips, cards, LifeSavers Gummies....Brackchips is also listening to Vince on the SlapChop commercial every 5 minutes. We'll be playing a $50 NLHE freezeout starting 200 bbs deep. All I can say is, Brackchips, you're going to rove my nuts!!!


Ret's get the cards in the air....

Hand 1 

I won the high card, so I start on the button. I raised with 6-high preflop, got check-raised on an AT4cc frop and decided to lay down the 6-high...maybe too thin a c-bet there...Brack isn't going to give my c-bets too much credit in general I think. I was just hoping (perhaps in vain) to fold out a better hand like...8-high...ROR!

Hand 2

I defended J6s (steaming!!)...765dd frop went check-check. I led a Qd turn (to protect my hand I suppose) and got a fold...

Hand 3

I pick up rockets but my preflop raise gets no action...dagger...

Hand 4

Raid down 75o to Brack's prefrop raise

Hand 5

AJo, I raise and get a ford...

Hand 6

64o goes into the muck vs a prefrop raise...every hand raised by the button so far...someone wirr start fighting back soon....

Hand 7

Decided to break the run of button raises by giving Brackchips a walk with my 74o....

Hand 8

Looks like I'm the first one to push back from the big brind, as I 3-bet 87o and get a ford...

Hand 9

K2o good for a raise and take it

Hand 10

I get a walk...good thing too as I had 96o (no spades)

Hand 11

I return the favor by offering another walk with 74o

Hand 12

I folded 94o to a raise...Brackchips shows the Ks (second nuts), so I'm feeling good about the laydown.

Hand 13

I raised 96o and got a call, so finally we see a frop. It's KsKcJc, so a comprete airball for me. I don't expect him to check/fold this frop very often. Like maybe Q6s he'll fold? It's pretty thin. And when I check behind he probably thinks I have some showdown value, like maybe A-high. So when he bets an 8s turn, not much I can do...instamuck. I could try some really complicated turn float and bet the river to get him to fold Q-high, but it's a little thin ROR.

Hand 14

I get a walk with As7c...dagger....

Hand 15

OK, we have our first big action of the match...I opened K4o and got a call. I managed to catch a monster frop of K84 rainbow. I've got top and bottom and there are no draws out there. As I said, Brackchips isn't going to give my c-bets too much credit in general, especially not on dry K-high board like this one. He knows I'll be betting this one every time and therefore not be giving up too easily. Indeed my 2/3 pot bet gets called. The turn is a 6, still a rainbow board. Brackchips checks, I bet 8 into 10, because Brackchips 1) hates to fold, 2) loves to raise, and 3) isn't going to think the 6 does anything for me, and will think that I'll be trying to push him off A-high or a pair of 4s or something. He did indeed raise to 30. He could also easily have 57 for a straight but....1) I think he'd often check-raise the frop with a draw that has zero showdown value, and 2) his range is so wide and I pwn it so hard that it's kind of worthless to worry about that one hand. I thought about 3-betting here, but I don't think I'd get value from a worse two-pair. I think he would probabry end up folding 86 or 46 there. So I just called and waited to pick off a river bet from his bruffs. A 9 came on the river, which might rook scary because it makes the board more connected, but the only hand that makes a straight now that didn't already have a straight on the turn is T7, which would be a pretty thin call on the frop even for Brackchips. He bets 80 into 70. I think about shoving here as he'd have a hard time folding 2 pair now getting such good odds on a call, but I just called it down. He didnt' show but claimed A-high, so I guess the raise wouldn't have gotten me any more chips. 

Hand 16

I get a walk

Hand 17

Huge laydown...I got Ts7s, raised for value on the button, but got 3-bet...it was tough but in the end I pitched it. He's gotta have at least the Js.

Hand 18

Interesting hand...I defended Qd9c...frop comes Jc8h7h...I check/called a 2/3 pot c-bet. My check-calling range there is pretty wide and includes some really good hands (sets and straights), weak pairs+straight draws (79, 89, 67), flush draws, gutters...all sorts of random crap. The turn comes a 6h, which gives me a good bruffing opportunity. Brackchips will barrel that card all day because my check/calling the flop range is wide, but I can check-raise and represent two pair, a flush, or a set/straight I slowplayed on the flop. So I check-raised his 11-chip bet to 30 and took it down.

Hand 19

Tried a steal with spades again...this time Q4....and got 3-bet again...once Brackchips gets going, you can count on getting 3-bet many a time ROR...stack sizes are kind of awkward now for me defending light though....

Hand 20

Lots more action to recap on this hand...I defended Ah3h from the big brind...often I'd 3-bet but I don't want to get it all-in preflop with A3s and Brackchips wirr 4-bet air pretty often. Frop comes Qs8h2h, which is pretty much the nuts for me. I check-raised Brackchips's c-bet of 4 into the 6-chip pot to 12. He tanked for a bit and called. This continues the running theme of this match, which is not respecting continuation bets. Brackchips arso ROVES to froat my frop check-raises with total air. I remember a hand a while back where I check-raised A-high for value on a dry K-high board, he froated me with J3s (there were no jacks or threes anywhere to be found on the frop), turned a jack and got some varue from my A-high later in the hand. He also puts me on a draw when I check-raise a lot too, and will shove turns when a draw doesn't get there, which has led me to check-raise weakish made hands more recently (I remember, after the A-high vs. J3 hand, check-raising K9 on a K83 board with a flush draw or something like that. He called and shoved a blank turn with 77). So when he calls my check-raise here, it doesn't necessarily mean much. I was hoping he'd just 3-bet me and I could get it in vs. 89 or a lower flush draw or whatever. Now I have to play 2 more streets out of position. But I was pretty sure he didn't have a Q, which he'd 3-bet for value. He might even do that with a good 8 as well. In any case,  the turn is a 3c, which gives me 3rd pair. I make another bet of 20 into a 30 chip pot. I was all set to call his shove and throw up if he had 77 again (hearts never get there). But he called again, which made me think he was trying to hang on with an 8 or even a 2, or maybe even AK. The river was the Js, which is not a very good card for me. If he was floating 2 streets with 89 or J-high he got there...J8 is obviously never going anywhere...and importantly, if he puts me on a flush draw and has a better hand than mine, he's not folding. The only value  in betting is to win money from a deuce or A-high. Also if he has a bluff, he's gonna bet when I check every time. Like EVERY time. So I checked and he bet 60 into 70, presenting me with a tough decision. I tanked for a while...but I decided he couldn't bet those weak made hands for value on this river. Also I have called down his river overbets and been good quite a few times, which I'm sure he remembers. So the fact that he bet 60 instead of his whole stack (which was like 90-100 ish) made me feel like he was trying a new river bluff bet size since the old overbet sizing wasn't working. If he had J8 or T9 he'd almost definitely shove all his chips in. So after tanking, I did make the call, and my third pair turned out to be golden, giving me a pretty good chip lead. And sending him to listen to Vince the SlapChop guy again.

Hand 21

I raise JTo and take down the BB

Hand 22

Brackchips is down to 40ish bbs so he decides to rimp the button. I'll take a free frop with 8d6d. The frop rooks great...Kh9d5d...I donk out for 2 chips into the 2 chip pot, since I do have 8-high after all, so he probably has the best hand.  He calls, which is OK, as long as I nail the turn. Unfortunately it is a very gross looking Th. I haven't been getting much in the way of folds from him, so barrelling here is kinda spewy. Plus if I check he'll check back a lot of his range, and I'll get a free river. That's what happens, but the river bricks off with some offsuit face card and I check/fold. 

Hand 23

Brack is beautiful!!!! Wow this hand was epic...I opened Ks5h and Brackchips carred. The frop comes A64...arr spades!!! He checked and I c-bet 4 chips into the 6 chip pot...I just can't check back the nut frush draw...esp to spades, it's not in me. Of course Brackchips shoves for another 30. If he's got an A I'm not getting the right odds to call but...I think a K would give me the best hand sometimes and also I think I'll already have the best hand with K-high sometimes if he has a lower spade draw or a straight draw/frush draw combo. So I carr it off and show my hand. He says, "oh that is not good..." and frips over QsJd! I tell him before we burn and turn that he's at reast even money to win the hand b/c I've been running so bad recently....sure enough the Jc rolls off on the turn. But it doesn't matter as I nail the river with the Js!!! Ship the W!!!!

-BRUECHIPS

1 comment:

lj said...

have you tried the lifesaver sour gummies? they are my favorite new candy, sooooo artificially delicious!