February 25, 2009

Sprit Pot (Part 7)

This was a frustrating sprit pot...got a freeroll from a donkey and couldn't spike anything...fawking hearts....


Seat 1: EP ($121.25)
Seat 3: MP ($75.95)
Seat 5: bruechips (button) ($115.95)
Seat 6: SB ($40.70)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [Jh Kh]
EP calls $0.50
MP calls $0.50
bruechips raises to $2.75 (Standard rimper punishment)
SB calls $2.50
EP calls $2.25
MP calls $2.25

*** FLOP *** [3s 6h 2h]
SB checks
EP checks
MP bets $11.50
bruechips raises to $28 (A weak player donks into me for full pot on a scary board. I'm looking for a bet/fold out of maybe a 44/55/A4, or just total air. Or a bet/shove out of QhTh, that would be nice! Anyway I obviously don't mind getting it in vs. A4 or 44 that much anyway. I'd be pretty surprised if he took this line with a set or straight.)
SB folds
MP folds
MP raises to $73.20, and is all in
bruechips calls $45.20 (OK he shoves...I'm obviously not folding at this point.)
MP shows [Jd Kc] (Uhh...??)
bruechips shows [Jh Kh]

*** TURN *** [3s 6h 2h] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [3s 6h 2h 7d] [8c]

MP ties for the pot ($77.45) with King Jack high
bruechips ties for the pot ($77.45) with King Jack high

OK, ghey...chop it up. Let the record show I think his play is terrible. I don't think I'm ever raise/folding this flop in a 4-way pot. If we were heads up and he 3-bet shoved KJ on a AT3 board or something like that, that can be a good play sometimes because 1) he has a draw to the nuts, 2) I will bluff raise a donk bet on that board pretty often, and 3) he could potentially rep more strong hands like A3/AT, whereas none of the 2-pr combos in this hand are very plausible. I wish I could give up a suckout in some other pot to spike a heart on the river in this one to punish this donk for his terrible play.

As a side note, I have been playing lower limits recently, not because of a big downswing or anything, thank god, but just because I don't have that much time to play these days. Because of that, I feel like I'm not quite as sharp when I'm playing and also I don't have time to play a bunch of hands to even out my variance at higher stakes (oooo 1/2 the nosebleeds!! ROR). So until I get more than a couple of hours a week to play, I'll probably donk around at NL50.

-BRUECHIPS

1 comment:

noldmax said...

LOL, NL50 IS the nosebleeds for me! Maybe I'll see you on the tables. I'll be working hard not to make it into a post like this.