February 17, 2009

Tasty River Check

I will get right into the HH and follow up some comments…

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (9 handed) 

Button ($454.40)
SB ($525)
UTG ($624.30)
UTG+1 ($422.75)
MP1 ($769.60)
MP2 ($463.60)
MP3 ($429.30)
Hero (CO) ($422)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A
UTG+1 raises to $12, 1 fold, MP2 calls $12, 1 fold, Hero calls $12, 1 fold, SB calls $10, 1 fold

Flop: ($52) 6, J, 2 (4 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $32, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $32, 1 fold

Turn: ($116) J (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($116) A (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $116 | Rake: $3
Results:
UTG+1 had J, J (four of a kind, Jacks).
Hero had Q, A (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 won $113

Prefrop – calling with AQs standard…but I know my equity is significantly lacking bc ANYONE who reads this blog understands the most fundamental concept we stress here at spritpot – HEARTS NEVER GET THERE.  Spades is the only reliable soot you can count on for a frush…you show me one hand where you make a heart frush and I wirr show you three where I make one with a spades.  Its not math or theory…its just fact.  Spades are the nuts.  Calling with a non sooted spade cards is a bit thin.  We would make a video and post it on Cardrunnners – but we’d be giving away the only unknown secret in poker.  Our fan base is loyal and we gotta keep certain secrets about this mysterious game of NLHE to ourselves. 

Frop – the UTG raiser checks along with UTG+2…for me, this is pretty much an autobet.  I am going to get folds from better hands like pp’s and AK…and have position for the remainder of the hand – so in the event that I get called…I am confident that I can outskill/outluck them FTW.   UTG xc’s...and I INSTA put him on some kind of draw.  What kind of retard would play a made hand this way in a multiway pot oop? 

Turn – well its VERY unlikely he has a J here now that there are two out on the board already, when he checks – I go ahead an check behind fully intending to INSTACARR a river bet that is not a diamond. 

River – I had my opp on a draw the whole way and diamonds gets there – but gives me top pair, nottoshabby kicker.  I was so tempted to stick in a vb here, but what the herr can I get carred by?  ZERO.  MAYBE a stubborn TT, but this opponent was pretty passive (which is highlighted further when he tables the stone nuts). 

Rooking back on this hand…it’s a CERTAINTY that he won the STONE minimum on this hand – exactly 8 bb’s postfrop.  If he would have bet out on this frop…there is def a chance I would float, bruff raise – which for him would have been exponentially more profitable.  Say I bluff raise, he calls, turn xx, when the river comes…I’m mor e likely to VB vs hands such as QQ, KK.  Another scenario might include barreling the turn as well if I indeed put him on a draw. 

Needless to say, I tagged this weak passive fish and look forward to playing more pots vs him!

-BRACKCHIPS

1 comment:

Gnome said...

Great read. Maybe there are some worse Aces that hit on the river that would call a value bet ... but it's hard for many worse Aces to both a) get to the river and b) check-call the river.
Another possibility is that pairs from 77 to TT could call a value bet, if an opponent thinks you would have raised an Ace preflop, and the Ace on the river is a scare care.