February 5, 2009

Taking shots and the turn...

I took a shot at a tasty 4 handed 25/50 game earlier in the week when I found a seat next to a fishy player I had seen playing 5/10. Granted a SHORT 6max game isn't quite my game...but I really felt it was worth a shot.

Ended up only playing about 25 hands and took down one nice pot vs the fish before he left and the game broke. Despite it being a successfully foray into a high stakes game, I'm REALLY kicking myself because I mismanaged my bet sizing on the turn which ultimately led to me winning a much smaller pot. I won't go into the detailed HH, but basically I turned the nuts straight and bet FAR too small on the turn - which subsequently led to me getting less value on the river because the pot was significantly smaller. The turn has been giving me ABSOLUTE fits lately, either not betting for value, getting blown off the best hand, or not making the proper bet size. I could go on ranting about the turn but I think I will save that for another post.

-BRACKCHIPS

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

25/50 is the nuts.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Play on the turn??? You need to post something. Willwonka will appreciate that!!! :D