March 2, 2009

Brack is Beautiful (Part 17), Tourneys are for donks

I RARELY play donkaments for a variety of reasons...

a) too much luck and gheyness required to win one
b) more often than not you will not cash/not final table and thus be kicking yourself for the 4 hours you played
c) cash games are a more reliable source of income and you have much more flexibility in your schedule.  

I'd say I play roughly 5 tourneys a month on average...but I can easily go a month or two without playing one at all.  Lately I have been targeting a superfish at some of the higher level SNG turbos and I've taken shots and cashed in 2 out of 3.  The only time I didn't cash was when I offered Bruechips a piece of my action, ROR.  Speaking of superfish, I sucked out on him with QJo vs AA all in prefrop when I got a bit short...SHIP IT.  It definitely propelled me to the chiplead and eventual win - see the final hand below...spades still rule for those of you who haven't figured it out yet!  (the ironic thing is i folded the exact same hand two hands prior to this one because it was NOT SPADES!).  ROR.  

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: t1919 M = 3.20
Hero (BTN/SB): t7081 M = 11.80

Pre Flop: (t600) Hero is BTN/SB with JJ of spades 44 of spades
Hero raises to t7081 all in, BB calls t1519 all in

Flop: (t3838) TT of clubs 22 of spades QQ of hearts

Turn: (t3838) QQ of spades

River: (t3838) TT of spades

Final Pot: t3838

BB shows 66 of diamonds KK of clubs (two pair, Queens and Tens)
Hero shows JJ of spades 44 of spades (a flush, Queen high)
Hero wins t3838


No comments: