May 16, 2008

Brack is Beautiful! (Part 7)

If there's one thing we here at Spritpot love even more than Fuel loves Clay Aiken, it is SPADES. Even in PLO, spades are gold. I'm just learning PLO, so my commentary won't exactly be expert, but here goes. First, I'm playing .10-.25, since I'm in the nascent stages of learning this game. And the play at this level is often abominable.

Seat 1: bruechips ($27.95)
Seat 2: button ($5.95)
Seat 3: SB ($14.25)
Seat 4: BB ($1.55)
Seat 5: UTG ($47.80)
Seat 6: MP ($27.20)
SB posts the small blind of $0.10
BB posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [Ks 2c 5s Kh]
UTG calls $0.25
MP raises to $1.10
bruechips calls $1.10 (No reason to re-raise at all. Very good chance the raiser has aces. I'm calling mainly for set value, as I had seen this player stack off with top pair and a backdoor frush draw earlier, so I thought I could get all his money if I flopped big. The button being short and unable to put in a re-raise that would allow the original raiser to re-raise is good, too.)
button calls $1.10
SB folds
BB raises to $1.55, and is all in
UTG calls $1.30
MP calls $0.45
bruechips calls $0.45
button calls $0.45 (We've got a 5-way raised pot. VERY standard in .10-.25 PLO ROR!!)
*** FLOP *** [8s As Ts] (Nuts!! Spades are gold!)
UTG checks
MP checks
bruechips bets $3.90 (Bet to protect my hand vs. a full house)
button raises to $4.40, and is all in
UTG folds
MP calls $4.40 (Confirms that MP does in fact have aces)
bruechips calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [8s As Ts] [6c]
MP checks
bruechips bets $21.05
MP raises to $21.25, and is all in (If you're a hold 'em player, his call here with top set looks completely standard and it's just a cooler, but in PLO I think this call is terrible. I'm going to have a flush every single time. I'm never going to have middle set. I can't have a flush draw because you have to play two cards out of your hole cards in Omaha, so if I have just the Ks, I don't have a flush draw. If the turn had paired, I would have folded)
bruechips calls $0.20
MP shows [Jd Ah Ad Ac] (Him having another A in his hand makes it an even worse call)
bruechips shows [Ks 2c 5s Kh]
button shows [2s 6s 6h 5h]
BB shows [Th 4c Kc Qs]
*** RIVER *** [8s As Ts 6c] [Qd]
bruechips wins side pot #2 ($40.55) with a flush, Ace high
bruechips wins side pot #1 ($12.50) with a flush, Ace high
bruechips wins the main pot ($7.50) with a flush, Ace high

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Ship the monsterpotten my way! Too bad there were a couple of shortstackers there....

-BRUECHIPS

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Who's calling the kettle black here?

spritpot said...

Is that one of Simon's lines or something?