May 20, 2008

Sprit Pot (Part 5)

I think one basic rule is: if you end up splitting a pot without all the money going in in a hand where you had position, you should feel vaginas growing all over your body, because you played it like a little girl. Here's one hand at full ring I played where I think the villain should be running out to the store for a box of tampons:


Button: ($216.15)
BB: bruechips ($458.30)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bruechips [Ts Kc]
folds around to the button...
button raises to $5
bruechips raises to $16 (I thought his 2.5x raise from the button was just so ghey I am obligated to raise it.)
HybridTt calls $11 (He calls, I'm putting him on some mid-pp or some suited broadway cards)
*** FLOP *** [Kh Ah 8d] (This flop shouldn't hit him if he's got that range, so I bet)
bruechips bets $25
button calls $25
*** TURN *** [Kh Ah 8d] [8c]
bruechips checks (His call on the flop could absolutely be a float or a weak ace I could get him off with a turn bet, but I had never played with him before, and it seemed like he could be slow-playing some monster like aces full, so I check)
button checks (I think aces or kings full would check behind too)
*** RIVER *** [Kh Ah 8d 8c] [5d]
bruechips checks (If he bets, I'm not sure what I would do...I'd probably fold, since a 1/2 pot bet or so would kind of look like he has some weak ace like AT or A9 and I just don't want to pay it off)
button checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bruechips shows [Ts Kc] two pair, Kings and Eights
button shows [Kd Jc] two pair, Kings and Eights

I mean...if he's gonna float the flop with middle pair, doesn't he have to  bet either the turn or the river? He's hoping that I have like 99 and he just wants to show it down so I don't check-raise bluff him? He's scared I have AJ and doesn't want to value-own himself? I'm not really sure. If I have AJ and he bets the turn, it's definitely a tough spot for me.  I think he's just flat out gotta bet the turn, especially with the flush draw out there. But he played it like a little schoolgirl, gave me a free showdown, and half the pot.

BRUECHIPS


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hu 4 rollz!?!?!?