May 21, 2008

Stacking off with TPTK



Stacking off here on the surface may seem kinda ghey but I would really like to hear some input from any and all loyal readers.

Here some of my thoughts on the hand...

Preflop, I definitely played my hand aggressively vs a UTG raise...whether or not I opt to 3b an opponent's UTG open with AK is entirely player dependent. Some people only raise UTG with a range that has me crushed seven ways to sunday, others have a more balanced range, and suprisingly enough, others raise UTG more often than other spot on the table (this makes no fawking sense to me...and I absolutely LOVE squeezing them with ATC from LP.)

In this particular spot, the villain's range was a bit more balanced and decided to put a bit more pressure on him. When he calls OOP, I can be relatively certain he does not have a monster (otherwise it is HIGHLY probably I would have been faced with a 4b). I'm also loving the fact that I am going to be in position in a 3b pot.

After making a cbet on an A high board that is completely dry other than a crub draw - I get CRAI! WTF right?!?! I should be looking for ways to fold, TPTK is pretty ghey for full stax no?

Well wtf could he have here? I think the villain's range can be narrowed down to 3 combinations...

A) TTT (sets do not come around often enough)...444 unlikely bc this personally I did not see this villain's range to be wide enough to include fours.
B) Ax (i have every x crushed unless he has two pair)
C) Some kind of frush draw or a pair and a FD

Since the pot is already bloated preflop - I felt somewhat obligated to call - and got PWND...and couldn't suck out.

My question to the virrain is - WTF do you do when the frop is Axx and you miss two pair? Check fold? CRAI? Buddy, I will be putting max pressure on you many a time in position and have your range crushed more times than not...remember YOU raised UTG and I 3b you!

Thoughts on my play or if I butchered this hand?

-BRACKCHIPS

I'd definitely be playing this hand the same way you did. His raise UTG/call 3-bet is very spewy IMHO. The crai is pretty scary, but he could have AQ or AJ if he's raise/calling AT. You're getting 5.4:3 on a call...he's got those weaker aces or even something like JdTd often enough that you've gotta call. Not calling here would be obscenely exploitable by any opponent willing to call all your 3-bets and crai on pretty much any flop.

BRUECHIPS

1 comment:

Fuel55 said...

Little you can do. He has AK AQ a lot here. He doest have a set since he flush draw isnt relevant with the Ac showing - he could slowplay TTT risk-free here.