May 29, 2008

Deep Stacked Play - Part 3, final comments

So there has been some interest in this hand...I think Bruechips did a great job in breaking down the math along with villain's ranges at a very granular level. For some of you - this might be a bit too much, but I highly suggest those of you who are serious about your game to at least attempt to understand it...I can assure you this kind of detailed analysis is not easy to come by.

As for the results of the hand - see below...




So I luckboxed my way into a monsterpotten...not a bad thing. My thoughts on my flop ship were as follows:

a) BB is folding about EVERY time, AKdd MIGHT call...but calling off a 200bb stack with two overs a NFD is a little fishy. BB is a very tight player...definitely capable of making a laydown.
b) A large part of my reasoning for shipping was that I incorrectly thought I had 10 clean outs vs MP.
c) MP was largely unknown and while he's obviously not folding 9T (which makes up a fraction of his range), I felt that he could fold most two pair combinations, JJ-QQ, diamond draws, and possibly even 666.
d) I did not have much information on MP, and despite being in position vs him, if I just call...there are plenty of turn cards that will either kill the action, or make my decision very tough on the turn. I really did not think I could play further streets optimally.
e) Finally - since in my mind folding/shipping were the only two options...i felt that folding was a bit ghey. I try to keep that adjective out of my arsenal when it comes to my poker play.

Well this ended up being a mini series on deepstacked play...hope ya'll enjoyed it!

-BRACKCHIPS

Arso, for those of you out there wondering, Brackchips def does NOT keep gheyness out of his arsenar away from the fert. Seriousry, he rikes it in the butt more than any other dude I know. Not as much as Tiffany's mom rikes it though. She wirr actuarry beg for it.

-BRUECHIPS

3 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Who the fawk is Tiffany's mom?

spritpot said...

Dude...read the definitions section. It's arr raid out for you right there.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

LMFAO - btw, I can't see the replayer from work. How did it end up. Email me.