May 14, 2008

Sick As a Dog

I promised a derty theory-oriented post last weekend which never materialized. Or at least, it hasn't materialized yet. But it will soon. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do much of anything over the past few days because of a cold which has owned my soul. Last night I literally wanted to die. But I'm starting to feel better now.

The computer saga has continued. Geek Squad still has my computer. No idea when it's coming back. Finally last weekend I went ahead and just bought a laptop, which I had been meaning to do anyway. Since I didn't have my PT database anyway, I decided to pray some row-rimit 6max and use Holdem Manager, an alternative to Poker Tracker + PAHUD.

Dear readers, believe me when I tell you, Holdem Manager dominates Poker Tracker. I have a vision of Holdem Manager bending Poker Tracker over and giving it to PT in the rear. Advantages of Holdem Manager:

1) Integrated HUD
2) HUD includes more stats, including each stat BY position
3) MUCH faster and easier importing
4) MANY more stats, including 3-bet percentages, and fold-to-3-bet percentages
5) Better replayer, plus you can copy a HH to an email or whatever at just a click of a button, as opposed to opening up the text file, selecting all, and copying as in PT

The gap will be closed somewhat when PT3 comes out. But I've used a beta version of PT3, and it's still miles behind Holdem Manager. So from now on, I will be using Holdem Manager. As soon as I get my computer back.

BRUECHIPS

No comments: